As the last of the autumn leaves fall from the trees, Pigeon Forge, TN gears up for its annual Winterfest celebration! From early November through the end of February, our Smoky Mountain city is transformed into a winter wonderland with special decorations and a variety of fun events. To help you make the most of your vacation, Large Cabin Rentals has put together a guide to three of the best ways to enjoy Pigeon Forge Winterfest:
1. Take the Winterfest Driving Tour of Lights
Throughout Winterfest, Pigeon Forge is decked out with more than 5 million beautiful holiday lights! These gorgeous displays depict traditional Christmas scenes along with iconic images from the Pigeon Forge area, like The Old Mill and Smoky Mountain black bears.
The best way to see all of these glittering decorations is to take the Winterfest Driving Tour of Lights. Just stop by the Pigeon Forge Trolley Office at Patriot Park or the Pigeon Forge Welcome Center to pick up a free Driving Tour of Lights brochure and map. Be sure to bring a camera, because the Winterfest lights are definitely photo-worthy!
Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Christmas Festival is sure to get you in the holiday spirit! From early November through the end of the year, the Southeast’s best theme park features millions of Christmas lights and special seasonal entertainment. Here is just some of the fun you can expect to enjoy at Dollywood during Pigeon Forge Winterfest:
- Every night at 8 p.m beginning in mid-November, the theme park hosts a Parade of Many Colors with holiday floats, interactive characters, and a few surprises thrown in the mix.
- This year, Dollywood is staging an adaptation of the classic Christmas tale, “It’s a Wonderful Life” that is sure to be a smashing success.
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Bumble the Abominable Snow Monster, and more characters from the beloved stop motion TV special will be at Dollywood throughout the Smoky Mountain Christmas Festival to take photos with young visitors.
3. See a Pigeon Forge Christmas Show
Pigeon Forge is famous for its family friendly theaters, and during Winterfest, these shows get a holiday twist! During the months of November and December, you can catch wonderful Christmas shows filled with festive music and plenty of good cheer. Here is a quick look at some of the area’s best holiday performances:
- The Dixie Stampede Christmas Show features elves, life-size toys, evergreen trees, glittering lights, and a beautiful Nativity scene.
- The Country Tonite Christmas Show is the perfect place to hear all of your favorite Christmas songs, along with some amazing country, bluegrass, and gospel.
- The Smoky Mountain Opry Christmas Show is a multi-million dollar production with flying angels, ice skaters, live animals, great music and dancing, and an appearance from Santa Claus.
When you stay with Large Cabin Rentals, you will be just a short drive from all of the best ways to enjoy Pigeon Forge Winterfest. To start planning your vacation, browse our selection of Pigeon Forge cabin rentals!