When you visit Dollywood, you’ve probably had one of the most famous treats in the whole theme park: the Dollywood cinnamon bread. This pastry is served at The Grist Mill in Craftsman Valley, and you can probably smell the bread baking as soon as you pass by. Keep reading to find the recipe on how to make the Dollywood cinnamon bread at home.
More About Dollywood
Dollywood is one of the most popular attractions in the area. There are so many fun things to do, from rides to shows. IF you love the action of a theme park, you’ll be glad to know there are thrill rides, kiddie rides, and relaxing things to do. Ride the Dollywood Express around the park, which is perfect for the whole family. People who love thrills should ride the Wild Eagle or the Barnstormer. There’s a carousel for kids of all ages. If you don’t enjoy rides, you can still have a ton of fun at Dollywood! There are a ton of shows with music and comedy you can enjoy. Show times vary throughout the day, so you can watch multiple shows while you’re there. There are also plenty of shops to look through and grab a souvenir to remember your trip. Dollywood holds events throughout the year, so you can experience all kinds of fun things!
The Dollywood Cinnamon Bread Recipe
Now you can start working on making the delicious Dollywood cinnamon bread at home. Here’s the recipe:
Ingredients for the Bread
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 (1-pound) loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
Ingredients for the Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water or fresh lemon juice
1. Coat two loaf pans with vegetable oil cooking spray.
2. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a shallow dish and set aside.
3. Cut the dough lengthwise into two pieces. Make 4 crosswise slits in each piece, taking care not to cut all the way through. Brush the loaves all over with butter, making sure to cover the creases.
4. Roll each loaf in the cinnamon mixture, packing the cinnamon into the creases with your hands.
5. Place the loaves in the prepared pans and set aside in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes. While the bread is rising, preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
6. Bake the bread for 35 minutes, or until the top is golden and a tap on the bottom of the pan yields a hollow sound. Turn the pans around once during baking.
7. While the bread is baking, make the glaze. In a small bowl, vigorously stir together the powdered sugar and water until the mixture is smooth and free of lumps. Turn the breads out onto a rack while they’re still warm and drizzle with the glaze.
Now you know how to make the Dollywood cinnamon bread at home! When you’re ready to come back and enjoy this treat and the theme park, you will need a place to stay. Look at our large cabin rentals in Pigeon Forge for your next trip!